September is National Childhood Awareness Month. Since 2008, HeadBlade has partnered with St. Baldrick’s to help conquer kids’ cancer through nationwide headshaving events. The St. Baldrick’s Foundation currently funds more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the U.S. government.
Despite the incredible work St. Baldrick’s has done to raise funds for life-saving research, spreading awareness is as important as ever. Worldwide, more than 160,000 children are diagnosed with childhood cancer each year. One in five children diagnosed with cancer will not survive.
Here’s a few ways to show support for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month:
- Purchase St. Baldrick’s & HeadBlade apparel. 30% of proceeds go directly to St. Baldrick’s
- Download the free ShaveMyHead iPhone App and select ‘Dedicate this shave’ when sharing your photo
- Like the St. Baldrick’s Facebook Page and tell your friends
- Find a local St. Baldrick’s event in your area
- Donate directly on the HeadBlade page at StBaldricks.org