Congrats on making one of the best decisions… you decided to shave your head! Shaving your head takes gusto and confidence and the first time might give you some anxiety. Although HeadBlade has patented the best blade technology in the business, there are some tips that can help improve the shaving process. Don’t be ashamed to ask the questions. We are here to teach you! Learn how to make the most out of this game-changing choice.
Tips For Your First Head Shave
- Shave After the Shower – When you get out of the shower, your hair is at its softest. When hair is soft, you can gently use your razor. Additionally, you are less likely to get razor burn or cut yourself.
- Use The Right Shaving Products – Exfoliating before you shave rids dead skin cells and polishes the skin surface. HeadShed Scrub acts as an effective pre-shave and preps the skin.
- Shave Cream – Choosing the right shaving cream can be a make or break choice. HeadSlick Shave Cream consists of special lubricants that allow blades to glide effortlessly. The mentholated formula leaves your skin feeling refreshed. Because HeadSlick is a water-based solution it rinses off the blades easily.
- Good Views – Shave in front of a mirror in a room with good lighting. If you are able to see all angles, there is a lesser chance of cutting yourself.
- The Right Direction – This is a basic grooming tenet: SHAVE IN THE DIRECTION YOUR HAIR GROWS. Although it feels good to shave against the grain, it can lead to major razor burn.
- Grooming Routine – Establishing a routine will make it shaving innate part of your grooming process.
- Invest in SPF – You must protect your head. UV rays are damaging. If you are not used to shaving your head, you have to remember to protect this new vulnerable region. A product that is dual-action such as HeadLube SPF 50 not only protects your skin from the sun but moisturizes as well. HeadLube has a thicker consistency so it coats well and leaves no greasy residue.